So Long, Farewell.



I’m afraid the title’s just as ominous as it seems; the time’s come for me to wave goodbye to Frills ‘n’ Spills and venture on to something different.

For a little while now I’ve felt a bit distanced from the blogosphere; some big changes are happening in my life and my mind has been wandering here there and everywhere. And it’s this change, in life and in myself that has helped me decide to flee the nest of Frills ‘n’ Spills and settle in my own little square of cyberspace.

Way back in 2009, me and Maria began sharing our thoughts, inspirations and dreams, spilling them onto the computer screen with trepidation and excitement. If I’d known back then that so many wonderful people would actually take the time out of their own lives to read our ramblings, I would probably have been far too nervous to even start. But you did. You took the time, the patience and the thoughtfulness to come back again and again, letting us share our feelings with you and helping us along the way.

As the blog has grown, so have I. What started for me as an uncomfortable admittance of insecurity and fear has blossomed into a release, a haven. So why move on?

The best way to describe this for me is like a chapter, a glorious part of my life that has now come to a natural end. I’ll cherish it, savour every word, but for me there’s no sense in holding back, in not turning the page to see what happens next.

And what will happen next? Who knows. I’m going to stay in the blogosphere, I can’t honestly imagine my life now without it – without that wonderful release of creativity, emotion, and of course without those beautiful people that I’ve met, talked to and befriended along the way.

To try and explain my feelings at the moment seems impossible, too difficult to evoke with words. But I do hope that this attempt at explanation hasn’t left you in the dark. I’m not disappearing, not from blogging at least, but will be saying a final farewell to Frills ‘n’ Spills as I carry on learning, growing and writing in a new blogging home that I hope to settle in to very soon. Maria has assured me she’s going to carry on writing for Frills ‘n’ Spills, sure to grow and develop in her own way as we both start anew.

So for now it’s a farewell wish from me. I have so many of you to thank, for sticking with me, with us, even during those nervous first steps we took. I will, of course be around on twitter and facebook as well as a new url, ready and eager to continue old friendships and hopefully create some new ones, but for now all that’s left to say is goodbye, and thank you. For everything.


12 comments

Steph & The Spaniels said...

oh my gosh, this is actually really sad.
I know you will still be around, and I am now following your new blog- so get cracking mrs. But it feels like it should be both of you.
I haven't followed your blog all that long, but have loved you both
Good luck my lovely
x

Jazzy E (Hivenn) said...

<33333333333

Anonymous said...

You will really be missed :( <33


http://voguishblog.blogspot.com/
x

Ellie said...

Oh Danni! I'm so sad you're leaving :( But as you say new chapters are important and now you and Maria will be twice as awesome because you'll have a blog each!

Off to follow the new blog :) xx

Unknown said...

Interested to see what happens next, good luck!

Susie said...

Aw! Sad that you're leaving, but I'll happily read you new blog too! <3

Unknown said...

Danni, this has actually traumatised me!

But I've added your new blog on bloglovin already, so get crackin. Xx

Unknown said...

Good luck with your new venture! It seems all great blogging duos eventually go their separate ways and I will be keeping up with you both avidly to see what happens next!

Sarah - essbeevee said...

Sad to see you go, but glad to see that you're not going too far - and that frillsnspills will live on without you. Lovely post though, really inspiring, and it sounds like you are moving on for all the right reasons!

Winnie said...

Oooh I tried to swing by earlier but it said you had moved to a new domain? Confused. Anyhow! I just wanted to say good luck and that I look forward to your different blogs, I think Sherin and Leia prove that splitting into 2 different blogs, definitely works :)

Sherin said...

Awww, Danni. It's the end of an era! We'll miss you here, but I can't wait to see the direction Maria will take with Frills n spills.
I also can't wait for your new blog!!

Sarah said...

Just started following your new blog. Good luck to you and of course Maria too. Love both of you so will read both!
:-)